July 1, 2013

Finished: Rainbow Baby Quilt

The rainbow baby quilt I pieced over Memorial Day weekend is officially done!  I quilted and bound it this weekend.


I quilted it in vertical lines spaced two inches apart.  Halfway through quilting, I started beating myself up because I decided it would have looked better quilted horizontally.  Once it was done and washed, I realized my manager and her baby are never going to know the difference.  She won't look at it and think, "Couldn't she have free-motion quilted it?  Could the lines have been spaced better?"  It's a gift, and hopefully she'll like it for that reason.


I think makers tend to beat themselves up a lot--or congratulate themselves too often, ha!--when they really should be pleased that they possess a skill and can create for others with it.  I'm not saying you should half-ass your quilts or garments or paintings or whatever you do, but you should take pride in the fact that you made something.  That and most people never notice half of the things you do.



I love the backing and binding!  Both are from the new Bonnie and Camille line Happy-Go-Lucky.  I bought them at my LQS but it looks like you can still find it online.  It's just so happy and fun!


The baby shower is July 19 and I am now ready!  Well, my gift is.  As the organizer, I still have a lot to do...

What'd you sew this weekend?

2 comments: