September 19, 2012

Topsy Turvy

Hello Folks!

We are moved into the new house.  And by moved I mean we managed to get all our stuff from the little one bedroom flat into the house.  Do not suppose we are unpacked or settled.  That would require more effort than we can manage right now.

However, instead of buckling in and organizing, we are running away to a beach in Kos, Greece for a week.  We are in desperate need of some sun and warmth.  Summer never really properly arrived here in the Big Smoke, or at least it didn't in our estimation both being from countries where summer means it gets over 70 degrees for more than two days.  So we are heading somewhere it is still above 70 degrees for days at a time.  We plan to do nothing but sleep, read and swim.  Hopefully get a little colour.

For you readers in the US, it's like going south for a week.  

But we leave today so here are some photos of the piecing of the top of the quilt.  This was a moment I also learned the value of ironing as you go.  There are some wonky squares veering to the right or left, but I think I worked out the kinks with some extra strips between sections.  These strips were made out of the sleeves of some of the circus tees.  Nothing goes to waste here.





At this point you might notice the section on the right is looking a bit different than when I laid it out to tape the floor.  These things happen when you don't have a plan.  I'm still not sure if no-plan is the best plan, but I'm making it work the best I can.  There were a few hiccups here near the end, but I only had to unpick one piece.  Once the right and left sections were relatively the same size and attached relatively evenly, I tackled attaching the long circus strip.




See that wonky-ness near the bottom center? No worries, I fixed it before I attached the bottom.


I had to use the dotted line trick again, but this is what happens when you go with the no-plan plan.

So what do you think? The top is done.



Here's the kicker.  When we were packing, I found another bag of tees I had set aside for the quilt.  Oops.  I guess I'll have to find something else to make with them.

Maybe some throw pillows for the new house?  I kid.  Sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment