September 14, 2012

Friday Round-up

Each Friday, one of us does a little round-up of stuff that has stuck in the brain this week.  Kind of like an ear-wig, but with stuff.  Ear-wigs are okay, too.  It's not always sewing related.


photo by Tania from her blog
I thought I would actually give you some sewing links today.  Novel, I know.  This story about an anti-quilt is a fun read.  I also like the idea of an anti-quilt.  However, despite the lack of piecing here, I find this quilt just as meaningful as any other.  It's the story that makes it a quilt, I think.  Not the pieces.  


photo by Completely Cauchy from her blog
I have a confession to make.  I can't get into quilting blogs.  I have tried.  I really have, but I have no desire to read tutorials or blow by blow descriptions of technique.  I guess that makes me a bit hypocritical, but what can I say?  However, I happened upon this blog, Completely Cauchy, and her irreverence and political slant are delicious.  There is a passion behind her needlework and it comes out in the visual product, no need for description.


But who am I kidding?  All I can really think about is the move.  It's happening tomorrow.  I don't remember being this stressed in any of my prior moves, and there are a lot.  The international leap might be an exception.  As it is with any project, I was procrastinating a bit on the packing front and starting looking for ideas for moving announcements.  Sure, I could just send everyone an email with the updated info, but this is our first real house together.  All our own.  Surely that deserves something a little special.  

In clockwise order: air mail, nest, coordinates, luggage tag, hot air balloon, and another nest.

What do yo think? I'm leaning towards the coordinate theme.  I am a geographer after all and we do live spitting distance from the Prime Meridian.  But who are we kidding?  It will probably end up being a mass email.  


Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment