November 7, 2012

RESULT!!

So here it is.  The legend... (wait for it) ...dary hand quilting. 




There are definitely some wonky bits.  I also had to pull out two lines of stitching because I got my gradient (or ombre) scheme wrong.  Those Waltons were drawing my focus.  





The visual interest is upped and the florescent bits are toned down a bit.  Always a good thing.  It still isn't my favourite part of the quilt but I'm not as annoyed either. 

Time to sandwich and figure out what to do with the front bit.  More quilting? Or tying? I'm leaning toward tying.  

We're getting close to the end of this project, folks.  Emily whipped through a bazillion and here I am toiling away on this one little odd shaped quilt.  I told you this was going to be a long ride. 

Have no fear, the next project will be just as drawn out, I'm sure.  I wouldn't want to break with tradition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment