August 10, 2012

Friday Round-Up

Another Friday is here!  I can't speak for everyone, but I hope I'm feeling a little bit of fall under the 90-degree temperatures.  There's the slightest hint of a cool breeze, and at this point in the summer, that's enough to talk me off the ledge.

What did you all sew this week?  Any new projects?  Here are some things that have caught my eye:

The stockings were cut on the wood floor with care...

  • Food!  August was a bust for food-planning; there have been four days this week where I haven't made dinner, which makes me feel terrible.  I already have five new recipes to try next month, including charred pepper steak sauce and chicken marinated in garlic oil.  Late September also signals the beginning of soup day: every Thursday I make a really good soup that lasts us through the weekend.  I can't wait!
  • Also: chocolate babka.  Our houseguest this week is gluten-intolerant; otherwise, I would have made this.  I'm dying to try it! 
  • I joined a Modern Quilt Guild this week!  The Montgomery County MQG had its first meeting this past Tuesday, with six of us in attendance.  I wasn't really sure what to expect but I left with a new friend and a new hope.  Sewing in DC is very isolated because it seems like no one has the same interests as you, so when you find someone who does (and you can walk to her house...even better), you get an instant energy!  Find your local MQG here.
  • I'm sure you're as giddy as I am about the upcoming release of the Anna Maria Horner feather quilt (seriously, I'm saving all my scraps for it), but in the meantime, her Paper Fans dress for little girls is adorable.  
  • I bought the new Denyse Schmidt book and I'm obsessively stalking the tracking information to see when it'll get here.  I can't wait to make new things!  (Least intelligent sentence ever written.)
Have a great weekend!  See you Monday with some new projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment