August 8, 2013

Packed away

This time last year I wrote about the B*tch Block. The first block of my first quilt.

How excited and inspired and motivated was I back then?  In two weeks I would find out that my life would forever change.

Today I packed away the squares I cut two weeks ago. They sat untouched for too long, mocking me. I have no idea when, or if, I will get back to them. It is one of the many parts of me that are being packed away for awhile. I think that is the hardest part (after the sleep deprivation), temporarily losing the things that made me, me.

I no longer have time to write, or run, or quilt, or practice yoga, or even dry my hair.

I will try to keep writing here, but it will not be about my own quilting adventure for awhile yet.  I may have been too ambitious to think I could return so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment