March 28, 2013

Limbo

Or better yet, procrastination.

Pruin's quilt isn't bound, yet.  I haven't found the right fabric.  The bit I bought from the local shop isn't speaking to me.  It's just not quite right.

But, this quilt has to be done.  We are only a few weeks away now and I need to have something ready for the baby.  This weekend is a big push to clean and prepare the house for our new arrival.  This quilt is meant to be a wall-hanging in our bedroom to help mark out Pruin's corner for the next few months.  I need to get cracking.



To that end, I'm off to Liberty today.  I'm a bit intimidated by the grand shop. I just want some simple fabric for a quilt binding (and maybe some storage bins), but rumour has it they have a lovely tea room.  To take the edge off I'm meeting another pregnant friend for tea and cake.

As I see it, this outing could go one of two ways; I either fall in love and buy way to many fabrics and my role as the 'recycler' on this blog becomes rocky or I run screaming from the place overwhelmed by floral prints and vow to never return.

Stay tuned.




**photo of Liberty shamelessly pulled from here

No comments:

Post a Comment