July 27, 2012

Friday Round-Up

Each Friday, one of us will do a little summary of what she's seen around the internet this week.  This could be sewing-related, but it doesn't have to be.  What has caught your eye this week?


Follow me on instagram!  @esposetta
My first week of quilting is over!  I can't believe it.  I'll be back on Monday with a progress report, but in the mean time, here are some things I've been reading this week:
  • Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Shells on Eat.Live.Run. - technically these were posted earlier this month, but I made them for dinner Wednesday night.  Holy moly, people, this is not one for the lactose-intolerant!  The recipe makes a lot of food--I have way more leftovers than I'll ever need--and I made homemade garlic bread to go with it.  Yum!
  • Cherry Christmas by Aneela Hoey for Moda - y'all know I love Christmas!  Cherry Christmas is now out, but you can see a cute overview on this Sewing Journal entry from last year.  I'm debating on whether to buy the collection of fat quarters.  I'd love to make a cross quilt (like Cluck Cluck Sew's Inside Out) with it!
  • The Savannah Craft Brew Fest - we're heading here next month!  Are you?  Nick and I went in 2010 right after we started dating and we're so excited to be going back this year.  I love that little city with all my heart.
  • Personalized Stationary - just as I was typing this, I got an email from Paper Source advertising their new personalized stationary.  I love this style, of course, but there are macarons, hot air balloons--whatever you could possibly want.  For someone who writes cards for any and every occasion, this is so exciting!
  • QuiltCon - Yep, I'm going!  While tickets don't go on sale until August 30, I've booked my hotel for two nights/three days in Austin, Texas.  Nick will be accompanying me, though he will explore the city while I look at quilts all day.  I don't know yet where we'll be living next February, so it's sort of scary to plan a trip this far in advance, but I'm so excited!  Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. What? You're going to Texas? Did you ask your mother if you could go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked her if she wanted to go (she said no). Does that count?

      Delete